may be obtained by
- Repeat Dispensing: Your chosen pharmacist manages your repeat prescriptions: suitable for patients who take the same dose of medication everyday: ask your pharmacist or GP about this. (suitable for up to 80% of prescriptions)
- Download and use the NHS App here (suitable for anyone aged over 13 with a smartphone)
- If you're having difficulty with the NHS App, create an econsult. Click here eg if a medicine you were expecting to be on your repeat is missing.
- You can request a prescription in writing by post, but this is the slowest method and most laborious. Please include your name, address, NHS number, date of birth and the name and dose of each medication requested.
- Please don't attend the surgery just to request medication during the COVID19 pandemic to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
We will send your prescription electronically to your chosen pharmacist. Please allow three full working days between your request and going to the pharmacist to collecting your medication. Allow 5 working days if you're using the postal service.
NB To maintain safe prescribing, you CANNOT request prescriptions over the telephone. It is Practice policy NOT to accept prescription requests over the telephone.
Medication Reviews: Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, clinical pharmacist, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
Urgent Repeat Prescription Requests
1.Use the NHS APP for Repeat Prescriptions
If you have less than a week's supply, please use the NHS APP to order your prescription. It will be processed within 3 working days (Suitable for patients aged 13 or more with a smartphone)
2.Submit an email to NEHFCCG.Giffarddrivesurgeryfirstname.lastname@example.org if you don't have a smartphone or have less than 3 days supply
Use this method if you've:
- not had a repeat prescription for that medication yet
- you're likely to become unwell without that medication
- not yet registered with NHS App
It will be processed within 2 working days
3. Pharmacy emergency supply
If you have no supply at all your pharmacist can issue an emergency supply of 1 month, but is only authorized to do this once a year per patient.
Click here for more details